Jo tagged me (the first time I have ever been tagged!!! Thanks, Jo!), so here I am to tell you five things you may not know about me.
1. Day after tomorrow my husband and I will be celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary! He got to pick the date and thought New Years Eve was one he would remember. * See note below.
2. Until coming to Louisiana in 2001, I had not lived more than 2 years at a time in the same place since I got married in 1971. We have lived in Illinois (several times), Wisconsin, Missouri and South Carolina in the USA. We have also lived in El Salvador, Mexico (twice), Honduras, China, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guyana.
3. Until I was 30 years old, I was so shy I couldn’t talk to anyone without a great deal of agony. I am still pretty quiet and don’t enjoy parties or large groups. I also hate talking on the telephone.
4. I have a totally different personality in Spanish than I do in English. I much prefer myself in Spanish.
5. I have been a Baha’i since 1971. I accepted the Faith the first time I heard about it.
I can’t imagine that any of this is really of much interest to anyone, but now you know.
* Update: Well, I guess you know you have been married a long time when you don’t even remember how long it has been. Actually, this will only be our 35th anniversary.