I downloaded task-gnome and have been playing around with it on my PCLinux machine. I was happy — until I tried to print. It wouldn’t work. Not at all. No matter what I did. So, I went back to KDE. It wouldn’t print. No matter what I did. Finally, I tried what I did last time: I plugged it in on the Ubuntu machine. It printed fine. Then I plugged it back in on the PCLinux machine with KDE, and it printed fine. I switched to a gnome session, and it printed fine.
If there was some rhyme or reason to this, it would be a lot easier to take. As it is, it is very frustrating! But I guess as long as I have my Ubuntu machine around, I’ll be able to “fix” my printing problems.