Follow up on my cloze activity
I had written about the cloze activity I did made using Olga Sergeeva’s instructions. We actually did it this week in class, and the students were able to read the text and insert the correct words. Of course, I gave them the words to choose from, so that made it pretty easy for them. I think I will next try doing this as a listening cloze, omitting just the verbs Sergeeva says are the most common in conversation. That should be more challenging but very worthwhile! I’ll let you know how it goes. The most difficult part right now will be finding the listening. We only have 1 week of class left, so I am running out of time. But if it doesn’t happen with this class, there is always the next one — which starts in 2 weeks!