OK, now we finally get to the speculative fiction I read last month.
- Special Offers by M.L. Ryan was a really fun book to read. There are ereaders with special offers, and then there is an ereader with special offers like Hailey Parrish got! She ordered an ereader because she wanted to get her book collection under control, but in the process of doing so, her life got more than a little crazy. This is the first book in the series, and I will probably end up getting the rest of them before too long.
- A Land of Fire by Morgan Rice was #12 in the Sorcerer’s Ring series. I enjoyed it every bit as much as I did the previous books. I had thought the introduction of new characters would bother me, but they didn’t. I hope you will consider reading these books.
- Out of Time: A Paranormal Romance by Monique Martin was one of the first ebooks I acquired, and for some reason I never read it until now. What a shame! I completely enjoyed the book, and I plan to read the other 8 that currently populate the series. I hope you will, too! As the title of the copy I bought says, it is a romance, but that is on;y part of the story. And it isn’t a romance in the bodice ripping vein. I loved it!
- Bellwether by Connie Willis was everything that I could have hoped for in a book by Willis. I always expect to learn a lot from her stories, and I certainly learned a lot from this book. There is some explicit knowledge sharing since the book is about two research scientists, one of whom is investigating fads, but it is always just hilarious. I can always hear Ms. Willis saying these little tidbits, and I always laugh. As a matter of fact, I can hear her throughout this book. If you like Connie Willis, I think you will love this book. And if you don’t love Connie Willis, you should!
- Concealed Power by K.J. Colt is the first in a series of four books. This one was filled with family intrigue, political intrigue, and a lot of action. The thing that stands out about this book is that the poor girl Adenine can never be sure of what is true. So the reader is always guessing. There are no clear bad and good guys in this book – except Adenine, who is the good guy. Everyone has their secrets. I want to read the others in this series before long. I really liked the story and Colt’s writing.
- A Rule of Queens by Morgan Rice was yet another in this series. And it was very good. The new characters introduced in book 12 are now fully involved with the main story characters, and their fates are thrown together. Four more books to read in the series. I can’t wait!
So that is it for February. I think March will be a good month for reading, too, but we’ll have to wait and see to know for sure.